Reporting to the Technical Director, the Product Manager is responsible for all technical aspects, bill of materials, production routes, production capacity and optimization, product development roadmap, product marketing information related to the product, competitive analysis and product positioning (technical and commercial). The Product Manager works in close cooperation with Market Directors and with the relevant BU Operations/Technical Teams to develop and manage the Product Roadmap to support profitable growth in any of the markets where the product is or could be commercialized. The roadmap is an all-encompassing plan containing product innovation, next generation product iteration of improvement, technology advances either in client processes or in converting processes that affect the product, takes into account the need for further or new capacity. The Product Manager has a strong role to play in managing and improving the cost of the product and as such participates actively in cost-cutting initiatives for the company and/or clients through specification optimization, manufacturing efficiency, minimizing waste, order simplification resulting in lower costs, improving service, quality and lead-time. The Product Manager oversees the product development process with the relevant R&D team, follows such development from inception to market commercialization. The Product Manager represents all aspects of the product externally to clients as well as internally to Business Unit and Market Segments. Accountable for building the product strategy, competitive landscape analysis, leading capital appropriation projects and creating Marketing and product positioning documents for internal and external use.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Polymer, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, in Material Sciences or comparable technical degree. A complementary education in Food or Pharmaceutical Sciences or strong experience in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Law, etc. would be an asset. Masters or Ph.D. or advanced studies in above or comparable fields would be an asset.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 years of experience in a leading technical or R&D project or product management, preferably in packaging or adjacent space.
- Proven aptitude to manage a complex set of variables and a strive in complex matrix environment to build constituency, to motivate a team of Scientist or Technologists.
- Strong technical aptitude to understand packaging materials, processes at clients, food, pharmaceutical or medical device processing. Good base in understanding of converting processes and equipment.
- Strong project and time management skills are required as well as a strong aptitude to work independently and under time constraints. Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and aptitude for detail are required.
- Understanding of commercial aspects of materials, manufacturing, sales and marketing with good business acumen.
- Requirement for sound judgment and decision-making skills, organizational skills, high level of integrity and work ethic and the ability to facilitate the resolution of complex issues.
- Ability to self-motivate, motivate others in a matrix environment and ability to deal, present and report to all levels of the organization and outside to clients.
- Good listening and communication abilities, both internal and with external clients or audiences at conferences, as well as good inter-personal skills.
- Mastering Spanish and or French is an advantage and so is the flexibility to relocate.
- Other combinations of education, experience, knowledge and skills would be considered.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Programs.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org